The accident occurred in connection with skidding the derrick on the North Sea platform, when one person was injured after falling from the catwalk to the pipedeck during a lifting operation.
He fell a distance of 3.6 metres, and received first aid on the spot before being flown ashore later for medical treatment.
Equinor is the operator for the Oseberg field.
A team of specialists from the PSA has now started work on its investigation.
The main aims are to identify the causes of the incident and possible lessons to be learnt, and to share this information with the industry.
During its investigation, the team will:
- carefully review the course of events
- clarify and describe actual and potential consequences of the incident
- identify the direct and underlying causes
- apply the necessary enforcement powers to correct possible breaches of the regulations
- make the result of its investigation public
- contribute to experience transfer and learning for other players in the petroleum sector.
The investigation will be summed up in a report published at psa.no.