The accommodation rig was connected to the Martin Linge facility in the North Sea when the accident occurred. No personal injuries were suffered. The cause of the incident is so far unknown.
The PSA takes a serious view of what happened. An investigation team drawn from its specialist staff is now starting work.
Scrutiny will be directed both at Floatel International, which operates Floatel Endurance, and at Equinor as operator for Martin Linge. The latter has consent to use Floatel Endurance for offshore accommodation.
In connection with its investigation, the PSA will:
- carefully review and clarify the course of events
- uncover and describe actual and potential consequences of the incident
- identify its direct and underlying causes
- clarify responsibilities
- use the necessary enforcement powers to correct possible regulatory breaches
- present the results of the investigation to the public
- contribute to experience transfer to and learning by other petroleum industry players.
The investigation’s findings will summed up in a report published at psa.no.