This incident is understood to have occurred in connection with scaffolding work at the facility, where Equinor is the operator.
One person was injured by falling from the scaffolding, and was taken to hospital for medical treatment.
A serious view of the incident is taken by the PSA, which has decided to start its own investigation.
Its main objectives are to identify the causes of the incident and possible lessons learnt, and to share this information with the industry.
In conducting its investigation, the PSA will
- clarify the course of events and the scope of the incident
- assess its actual and potential consequences
- assess its direct and underlying causes
- identify nonconformities and improvement points related to the regulations
- apply necessary enforcement powers to correct possible regulatory breaches
- make public its findings
- contribute to experience transfer to and learning by other players in the petroleum sector.
The investigation will be summed up in report published at psa.no.