An incident has been reported to the PSA where a person was subject to crushing during work on a cantilever drag chain. The injured person was flown by a search and rescue (SAR) helicopter to Stavanger University Hospital.
This incident occurred on the Tommeliten field in the North Sea, where ConocoPhillips is operator. Linus is operated by Odfjell Platform Drilling AS.
The police have been notified.
A serious view of the incident is taken by the PSA, which has decided to begin an investigation.
The main objectives are to identify the causes of the incident and possible lessons learnt, and to share this information with the industry.
In conducting its investigation, the PSA will
- clarify the course of events and the scope of the incident
- assess its actual and potential consequences
- assess its direct and underlying causes
- identify nonconformities and improvement points related to the regulations
- apply necessary enforcement powers to correct possible regulatory breaches
- make public its findings
- contribute to experience transfer to and learning by other players in the petroleum sector.
The investigation will be summed up in report published at psa.no.