This accident occurred in connection with work on the North Sea field’s riser platform (RP).
While a structural component was being lifted by crane, one person was struck and injured. The injured person was flown ashore for medical treatment.
Equinor is the operator for Johan Sverdrup.
The PSA regards the incident as serious and has decided to initiate an investigation.
The main objective of this investigation is to identify the causes of the incident and possible lessons to be learnt, and to share this information with the industry.
In conducting its investigation, the PSA will
- clarify the course of events and the scope of the incident
- assess the actual and potential consequences of the incident
- assess direct and underlying causes
- identify nonconformities and improvement points related to the regulations
- apply necessary enforcement powers to correct possible regulatory breaches
- make public its findings
- contribute to experience transfer to and learning by other players in the petroleum sector.
The investigation will be summed up in a report published at psa.no.