In connection with a lifting operation on the Heidrun facility’s pipe deck, the injured person was struck on the head by the crane hook and flown ashore for treatment by a search and rescue helicopter.
The PSA regards this incident as serious, and an investigation team drawn from its specialist staff is now starting work.
The main objective of the investigation is to identify the causes of the incident and possible lessons to be learnt, and to share this information with the industry.
In conducting its investigation, the PSA will
- clarify the course of events and the scope of the incident
- assess the actual and potential consequences of the incident
- identify direct and underlying causes
- identify nonconformities and improvement points related to the regulations
- apply necessary enforcement powers to correct possible regulatory breaches
- make public its findings
- contribute to experience transfer to and learning by other players in the petroleum sector.
The investigation will be summed up in a report published at psa.no.
Support for the police
The police have launched their own investigation of the incident, which is also receiving technical support from the PSA.
This field lies on the Halten Bank in the Norwegian Sea. It is operated by Equinor.