This incident occurred in connection with gas flaring.
The leak initiated a general alarm with mustering, production shutdown, pressure blowdown and deluge.
Its volume and rate have yet to be determined
No personal injuries have been reported as a consequence of the incident. According to operator company Equinor, personnel were in the immediate vicinity when the leak occurred.
The PSA’s investigation team has now started its work.
The police have been informed of the investigation, and will be provided with technical support from the PSA should this be requested.
In conducting its investigation, the PSA will
- carefully review and clarify the course of events
- uncover and describe the actual and potential consequences of the incident
- identify direct and underlying causes
- clarify responsibilities
- apply necessary enforcement powers to correct possible regulatory breaches
- make public its findings
- contribute to experience transfer to and learning by other players in the petroleum sector.
The investigation will be summed up in a report published on psa.no.