The audit was conducted in September 2022 with assistance from the Civil Aviation Authority Norway (helideck operations).
The objective of the audit was to verify the company's compliance with the HSE regulations within the domains of emergency preparedness, technical safety and helideck operations on West Phoenix.
Within emergency preparedness, six non-conformities were identified during the audit, concerning:
- Secondary escape route
- Headsets in lifeboats and fast rescue boat (HMOB)
- Firefighter equipment
- Evacuation from lifts
- Securing of loose equipment
- Location of immersion suits
We also observed the following factors that we have chosen to categorise as improvement points:
- Marking of escape routes
In connection with the verification of helideck operations, the Civil Aviation Authority Norway identified non-conformities and made observations concerning:
- Documentation and maintenance programme
- Heliport information sheet
- Cantilever access platform
- Elements in the 210° obstacle-free approach and departure sector
- Signage of exits from the helideck
What happens now?
We have asked Seadrill to report to us on how the non-conformities will be addressed, and for their assessment of the improvement points observed.