The audit was conducted from 25 November to 1 December 2022.
The Draugen field began production in 1993, with an originally planned life of 20 years. The field has since been granted a life extension to March 2024.
The present operator, Okea, now plans to submit a new application for consent for a life extension for Draugen to 2040.
The objective of the audit was to verify how the company has worked systematically and preventively on follow-up of the working environment conditions in connection with a life extension for Draugen to 2040. We also wanted to verify that the company's systems for managing health risks in the working environment complied with regulatory requirements.
The audit’s focus included the following:
- How the company ensures that working environment risks are identified.
- How identified risk factors form the basis for the prioritisation of measures.
- How implemented measures are verified.
- How personnel are involved in working environment mapping, risk assessments and preparation of measures.
The audit identified four non-conformities concerning:
- Overview of working environment risks and presentation of analyses
- Follow-up of chemical health hazards
- Follow-up of noise
- Working environment committee
We also observed two factors that we have chosen to categorize as improvement points. These concerned:
- Roles and responsibilities in the working environment domain
- Mapping and risk assessments of working environment factors
What happens now?
We have asked Okea to report by 17 March 2023 on how the non-conformities will be addressed and for the company’s assessment of the improvement points observed.