The audit was conducted in September 2022.
The objective of the audit was to monitor the company’s management of the working environment and operations in the drilling areas on board Noble Lloyd Noble, and to follow up previous observations within the working environment and drilling.
The audit identified nine non-conformities. These comprised:
- Non-conformity handling
- Functional testing of the blowout preventer (BOP)
- Training and exercises in managing well control situations
- Routines for orderliness and cleanliness
- Joint, local working environment committee (FS-AMU)
- Employee participation
- Psychosocial working environment
- Follow-up of noise
In the audit, we also investigated how Noble has addressed non-conformities that we have previously identified.
We found that the following non-conformities had not been addressed in line with the company’s feedback of, for example, 10 September 2021 and 17 September 2021:
- Non-conformity concerning “training and exercises in managing well control situations” from chapter 5.1.8 of the post-audit report of 31.8.2021, our journal item 2020/1986-221.
- Non-conformity concerning “deficient maintenance/systems” from chapter 5.1.4 of the post-audit report of 31.8.2021, our journal item 2020/1986-221.
What happens now?
We have asked Noble to report by 2 January 2023 on how the non-conformities will be addressed.