The audit was conducted between 20 April and 17 November 2022.
The objective of the audit was to monitor Neptune's management and follow-up of barriers at Gjøa. This included follow-up of the activities the company had and will be undertaking in 2022 relating to risk and barrier management.
During the audit, one non-conformity was identified, relating to overpressure protection.
In addition, five improvement points were identified concerning:
- Better risk acceptance criteria
- Better barrier management at Gjøa
- Inadequate follow-up of performance requirements for check valves
- Better coordination of responsibilities and authorities
- Notification of hazard and accident situations
What happens now?
We have asked Neptune to report to us by 30 January 2023 on how the non-conformity will be addressed, and for their assessment of the improvement points observed.