- The audit was conducted from 27 to 30 March 2023
- A notification of order was sent on 6 June 2023
- The order was issued on 22 June 2023
In June 2021, we carried out an audit of Equinor focused on its management and provision of a safe organisational and psychosocial working environment, and on the prevention of musculoskeletal disorders among its own personnel at the Mongstad facility.
The audit identified five non-conformities concerning:
- Analysis of the working environment
- Planning and measures
- Continuous improvement
- Training and information about health risks in the working environment
- Arrangements for employee participation
The objective of the audit in 2023 was to verify that the non-conformities from the audit in 2021 had been rectified.
The follow-up audit showed that some of the non-conformities concerning the management of organisational and psychosocial working environment risk have not been addressed in line with Equinor’s feedback to us.
The follow-up audit showed that there were still non-conformities that had not been rectified. We have now issued Equinor with the following order:
Pursuant to the Framework Regulations, Section 69 concerning administrative decisions, with reference to the Framework Regulations, Section 23 concerning general requirements for material and information; the Management Regulations, Section 11 concerning the basis for making decisions and decision criteria, Section 16 concerning the general requirements for analyses and Section 18 concerning working environment analysis; and the Technical and Operational Regulations, Section 47 concerning psychosocial aspects and Section 55 concerning planning, 2nd para, we order Equinor Mongstad to
- produce a plan for how Equinor Mongstad will use its (improved) method for securing the management of organisational and psychosocial risk at Mongstad.
- document that the use of an (improved) method for mapping organisational and psychosocial risk has been applied at group level/unit level.
See Chapter 4.1.2 of the report.
The deadline for complying with the order is 31 January 2024 for the first item and 1 October 2024 for the second. We are to be notified when the order has been carried out.