The audit was conducted from 13 to 16 March 2023, with the assistance of the Civil Aviation Authority Norway.
The objective of the audit is to verify Aker BP's management and conditions on board Valhall Flank North concerning compliance with regulatory requirements for emergency preparedness and safe operation of the helideck. The objective of the assignment is to reduce the risk associated with helicopter operations on the helideck.
Three non-conformities were identified, concerning:
- Training to ensure effective response to hazard and accident situations
- Verification of barrier element when performing drills
- Use of protective equipment in the MOB function
In addition, two improvement points were identified, concerning:
- Use of resources for developing procedures
- Fire station and lifeboats for ensuring rapid and efficient evacuation and rescue
What happens next?
We have asked Aker BP to report to us on how the non-conformities will be addressed, and for their assessment of the improvement points identified. The reply deadline is set at 26 June 2023.