The audit was conducted from 2 to 5 May 2023.
The objective of the audit was to verify the company’s management of materials handling, crane and lifting operations, maintenance of lifting facilities, work at height including scaffolding, fall protection and access techniques at Valhall.
We identified three non-conformities during the audit. These concerned:
- The management system
- Access to offshore crane on IP
- Secondary evacuation route from offshore crane on IP
We also identified three improvement points. These concerned:
- Storage of unsecured lifting equipment on IP
- Hydraulic pipe inside the PH offshore crane cabin
- Maintenance of scaffolding materials
What happens next?
We have asked Aker BP to report to us by 21 July 2023 on how the non-conformities will be addressed, and to give us their assessment of the improvement points observed.