The audit was conducted from 1 to 6 April 2022.
The objective of the audit was to monitor how Veltec AS ensures that work carried out within Equinor's Mongstad installation complies with regulatory and internal requirements. The audit was targeted specifically at working environment risk associated with work in and on the electrical and automation facilities. Working environment risk in this context includes the physical/chemical, organisational and psychosocial working environment.
Five non-conformities were identified, relating to:
- Analysis of the working environment
- Training and information about health risks in the working environment
- Arrangements for employee participation
- Protection against energisation when working on disconnected electrical facilities
- Overall planning relating to training and exercises for electrical personnel
In addition, one improvement point was identified concerning arrangements for involvement in the procurement of protective equipment.
What happens now?
We have asked Veltec to report by 17 June 2022 on how the non-conformities will be addressed and for their assessment of the improvement point observed.