- The audit was conducted between 29 November and 2 December 2021.
- Vår Energi was notified of the order on 19. January 2022
The objective of the audit was to monitor Vår Energi AS and Goliat’s management and follow-up of the operation and maintenance of structures, maritime systems, risers and subsea, with associated safety systems, and to verify that the company has an integrated approach to safe operations in compliance with the regulatory requirements.
Three non-conformities and one improvement point were identified.
The non-conformities concerned:
- Notifying and reporting, and investigation of hazard and accident situations
- Integrity of flexible risers
- Barrier management
The improvement point concerned the labelling of installations, systems and equipment.
The audit identified serious breaches of the regulations, and the following order has been issued to Vår Energi:
Pursuant to the Framework Regulations, section 69 concerning administrative decisions, we order Vår Energi to:
- perform an independent investigation of the incident involving damage to the gas injection riser at Goliat, including subsequent follow-up. Pursuant to the Management Regulations, section 20 concerning the registration, review and investigation of hazard and accident situations, with reference to chapter 5.1.1 of the report
- establish a system to ensure that the company has oversight of the integrity of the flexible risers and associated safety equipment at Goliat and that there is at all times oversight of the status of barriers and any weaknesses relating to these systems. Pursuant to the Management Regulations, section 19 concerning the collection, processing and use of data, with reference to chapter 5.1.2 of the report and the Management Regulations, section 5 concerning barriers with reference to chapter 5.1.3 of the report.
The deadline for complying with the order in bullet point 1 is set at 1 September 2022. The deadline for complying with the order in bullet point 2 is set at 30 November 2022. We are to be notified when the orders have been carried out.