The audit was conducted from November 2021 to April 2022.
The objective of the audit was to verify whether Vår Energi is meeting the regulatory requirements relating to the management of planning, risk assessment and performance of relevant drilling and well operations.
The audit identified five non-conformities and three improvement points.
The non-conformities included:
- Deficient functional testing of BOP control systems
- Inadequate procedures and knowledge of procedures
- Inadequate establishment and follow-up of competence requirements in well control
- Inadequate design of well control equipment
- Inadequate communication and information
The improvement points included:
- Deficient labelling of the BOP control system after removal of the diverter valve
- Equipment deficiencies in the drilling facility
- Inadequate training and exercises
What happens now?
We have asked Vår Energi to report by 30 August 2022 on how the non-conformities will be addressed and for their assessment of the improvement points observed.