The audit was conducted from 31 January to 3 February 2022.
The objective of the audit was to verify that Transocean’s management of maritime systems on Transocean Norge complied with relevant regulations.
Two non-conformities and eleven improvement points were identified.
The non-conformities concerned:
- The watertight and weathertight barrier
- Control and indication in the ballast control system
The improvement points included:
- Special conditions for operation
- Procedure for handling stability incidents
- Freeboard plan
- Deficient maintenance of watertight sliding doors
- Damage to weathertight closures
- Misleading indication at ballast control station
- Control of the ballast system
- Deficiencies in barrier management
- Analogue indication in the ballast system
- Lack of training in emergency operation of the ballast system
- Deficient maintenance of safety-critical ballast components
What happens now?
We have asked Transocean to report to us on how the non-conformities will be addressed and for their assessment of the improvement points observed.