The audit was conducted in January 2022 with assistance from the Norwegian Maritime Directorate and the Civil Aviation Authority Norway.
The objective of the audit was to verify the technical condition and relevant documents in the management system in order to monitor that requirements in the petroleum regulations were being adhered to.
The Civil Aviation Authority identified the following non-conformities:
- Elements in the 210° obstacle-free approach and departure sector
- The crane booms were not properly marked
- A Heliport Information Sheet had been not prepared
- Instruction and training of the helideck crew
- Two of the helideck tie-down points were not secure
- The windsock on the crane was discoloured
- Hooks were not appropriate for the helideck tie-down points
- One foam monitor was inoperative
Four improvement points relating to the PSA's regulations were also identified during the audit. The improvement points concerned:
- Training of the emergency preparedness organisation
- Securing of escape routes
- Maintenance programme for monitors on helideck
- Pictogram by lift-shaft doors
What happens now?
We have asked Transocean to report to us by 10 March 2022 on how the non-conformities will be addressed, and for their assessment of the improvement points observed.