The audit was conducted from 14 to 17 February 2022 with assistance from the Civil Aviation Authority Norway.
The objective of the audit was to verify the technical condition and relevant documentation in Saipem’s management system for monitoring compliance with the requirements in the petroleum regulations.
The audit revealed non-conformities relating to:
- Securing of evacuation routes and mustering station
- Siting of marine evacuation system (MES)
We also observed the following conditions that we have chosen to categorise as improvement points:
- Fire monitors on the helideck
- Marking and signage
- Training of the emergency response organisation on board
- Emergency lighting for operation of DAHR on helideck
- Mustering at fire stations
The Civil Aviation Authority Norway identified ten non-conformities concerning the helideck. These comprised:
- Helideck data etc.
- Landing net
- 210° obstacle-free approach and departure sector (obstacles above the level of the helideck)
- 210° obstacle-free entry and exit sector (150° LOS sector)
- Marking of helideck and landing area
- Marking of the size of the helideck and maximum permitted mass
- Marking of obstacles
- Other equipment
- Capacity requirements of the foam extinguishing system
- Emergency equipment
What happens now?
We have asked Saipem to report by 29 April 2022 on how the non-conformities will be addressed and for their assessment of the improvement points observed.