The audit was conducted between 26 and 30 September 2022.
The objective of the audit was to investigate how Odfjell complies with regulatory requirements for risk management, electrical facilities, work in and operation of electrical facilities, safety instrumented systems and technical safety. The audit also monitored installed lithium ion battery systems and flywheels on the facility and the company’s handling of the risk that such installations entail.
Fourteen non-conformities were identified during the audit. These concerned:
- Barrier management
- Handling of non-conformities
- Ignition source control
- Ventilation system
- Passive fire protection
- Open drainage
- Emergency lighting
- Lithium ion battery system
- Electrical facilities and installations
- Work in and operation of electrical facilities
- Responsible person for communication systems
- Risk assessment of health hazards from electromagnetic fields
- Maintenance of technical facilities
In addition, two improvement points were identified. These concerned:
- Risk reduction
- Risk analysis
What happens now?
We have asked Odfjell Drilling to report on how the non-conformities will be addressed, and for their assessment of the improvement points observed. The deadline for reply is set at 31 January 2023.