The audit was conducted between 22 and 24 February 2022.
At the time of the audit, the Wisting project was in the early front-end engineering design (FEED) phase and preparing to submit a plan for development and operation (PDO) in late 2022. There are several factors in the Wisting development that make it important for the PSA to undertake supervision at an early stage. These concern in particular:
- the facility’s location and climatic conditions in the area
- the size of the development
- extensive subsea development with subsea processing facilities
- reservoir conditions with a short distance between the seabed and the reservoir
- Equinor’s first time developing a fixed facility of the Sevan FPSO type
Through the audit, we wanted to examine how the company is reducing the likelihood of errors and accidents in all phases of engineering, development and operation. The information obtained and our impressions will be used as a basis for assessing the plan for development and operation (PDO).
One non-conformity was identified during the audit, relating to employee participation.
In addition, two improvement points were identified. These concerned:
- Internal requirements
What happens now?
We have asked Equinor to report by 2 May 2022 on how the non-conformity will be addressed and for their assessment of the improvement points observed.