The audit was conducted from 7 to 10 March 2022 in cooperation with the Norwegian Communications Authority.
The objective of the audit was to verify how Equinor complies with regulatory requirements and its own requirements within barrier management, operation and maintenance of communications systems. We also wanted to verify how the role of “communications manager” is catered for.
Five non-conformities were identified, relating to:
- Handling and follow-up of decisions
- Planning of training and exercises
- The role of communications manager
- Ignition source control
- Documentation of compliance with requirements
In addition, four improvement points were identified relating to:
- Follow-up of prerequisites defined for manning and competence
- Noise level in central control room
- Follow-up of internal requirements and update of governing documentation related to emergency preparedness
- Monitoring of barrier element performance
What happens next?
We have asked Equinor to report by 15 May 2022 on how the non-conformities will be addressed and for their assessment of the improvement points observed.