The audit was conducted from 24 to 28 January 2022.
The objective of the audit was to follow up:
- Incidents from the last 24 months in the areas of materials handling, cranes and lifting, as well as work at height and the working environment.
- The work accident involving a scaffolding collapse on 27 August 2021.
- Reporting of falling objects and preventive measures.
- The company’s management of materials handling, the technical condition of lifting equipment and, if possible, to observe lifting operations.
- Compliance of Equinor’s management of maintenance with the company’s and the authorities’ requirements within the area covered by the audit.
- Arrangements for work at height.
- Management of working environment risk associated with materials handling, cranes and lifting as well as work at height. Working environment risk in this context includes the organisational and psychosocial working environment, physical/chemical working environment and ergonomics.
- Framework conditions and genuine employee participation.
We identified non-conformities in the following areas:
- Pre-use inspection of work equipment
- Follow-up of proficiency certification
- Arrangements for the maintenance and storage of scaffolding materials
- Planning and implementation of scaffolding activities
- Criteria for health monitoring and health monitoring programme
- Non-conformity handling
We also observed one factor that we have chosen to categorize as an improvement point. This concerned:
- Follow-up of contractors and suppliers
What happens now?
We have asked Equinor to report to us by 7 April 2022 on how the non-conformities will be addressed, and for their assessment of the improvement point observed.