The audit was conducted between 27 August 2021 and 23 February 2022.
The objective of the audit was to verify that Equinor's planning and execution of manned underwater operations for Johan Sverdrup comply with the regulatory requirements.
Two non-conformities were identified, concerning:
- Requirements for underwater lifting operations
- Follow-up of management system
In addition, four improvement points were identified, concerning:
- Competence requirements
- Knowledge of emergency preparedness resources on the Norwegian Continental Shelf
- Emergency response exercises
- Qualifications and competence of personnel with special responsibility for diving
What happens next?
We have asked Equinor to report by 27 May 2022 on how the non-conformities will be addressed and for their assessment of the improvement points observed.