The audit was conducted in October 2022.
The objective was to audit how the company ensures that the facility meets regulatory requirements for electrical facilities and for ignition source control, such that the likelihood of failures, hazards and accidents is reduced.
The audit identified four non-conformities. These comprised:
- Non-conformity handling
- Equipment in hazardous areas
- Ignition source decoupling
- Selectivity in emergency power system
We also observed five factors we have chosen to categorise as improvement points. These concerned:
- Use of the emergency generator
- Potential equalisation
- Doors to overpressure areas
- Potential short-circuit performance during short-term switchovers in the electrical facility
What happens now?
We have asked Equinor to report to us by 16 December 2022 on how the non-conformities will be addressed, and for their assessment of the improvement points observed.