The audit was conducted from 14 to 18 February 2022.
The objective of the audit was to examine the company’s management of activities relating to materials handling on the drilling deck. The task also covered materials handling on board more generally.
The audit included verification of whether planning and execution of operations in logistics complied with the requirements, and we followed up handling and maintenance of lifting equipment.
The audit identified four non-conformities concerning:
- Planning and organisation of work in relation to materials handling
- Storage and system for follow-up of unsecured lifting equipment in the drilling areas
- Winches in drilling areas
- Maintenance of lifting equipment
In addition, we observed one factor that we have chosen to categorize as an improvement point. This concerned:
- Operationally responsible entity for lifting operations
What happens now?
We have asked Equinor to report by 20 April 2022 on how the non-conformities will be addressed, and for their assessment of the improvement point observed.