The audit was conducted from 21 April to 13 May 2022.
The objective of the audit was to verify that Equinor's management and follow-up of barriers at Åsgard A comply with the authorities' requirements.
The audit identified seven non-conformities and three improvement points.
The non-conformities included:
- Deficient non-conformity handling
- Inadequacies in decision support and decision-making criteria
- Deficiencies in emergency power systems
- Deficient ignition source control
- Inadequacies in maintenance programme for the emergency shutdown system
- Deficient updating of documentation
- Overpressure protection
The improvement points included:
- Follow-up of barrier performance
- Inadequacies in overpressure protection of the annulus in some wells
- Deficiencies in marking and signage in the facility
What happens now?
We have asked Equinor to report to us by 16 September 2022 on how the non-conformities will be addressed, and for their assessment of the improvement points observed.