From 19 to 21 April 2022, we carried out an audit of electrical facilities and technical safety on AKOFS Seafarer for an updated AoC application that includes riser mode operations.
The updated AoC application includes changes in the areas of electrical facilities and technical safety. The objective of the audit was to monitor how the company is complying with the regulations relating to modifications to the facility. We also wanted to verify how AKOFS Offshore Operations had addressed certain observations from previous audits within electrical facilities and technical safety.
The audit identified two non-conformities. These concerned:
- Non-conformity handling
- Installation, completion and start-up of facilities
In addition, an improvement point was identified relating to the AoC application.
Follow-up of non-conformities
In line with the content of our audit notice, as part of this audit, we verified how AKOFS has addressed specific previously identified non-conformities.
We found that the following non-conformities had not been addressed in line with the company’s feedback:
- Non-conformity concerning “The AoC application”
- Non-conformity concerning “Barrier management/performance requirements”
- Non-conformity concerning “Ignition source control”
- Non-conformity concerning “Electrotechnical system analyses”
- Non-conformity concerning “Work on and operation of electrical facilities”
What happens now?
We have asked AKOFS to report on how the non-conformities will be addressed. We have also requested an assessment of the improvement point observed.