The audit was conducted between 12 and 16 September 2022.
The objective of the audit was to monitor how the company complies with the regulatory requirements for electrical facilities, work in and operation of electrical facilities, safety instrumented systems and telecoms. We also followed up on how the roles of "responsible person for electrical facilities" and "responsible person for communication systems" are taken care of. During the audit, we also reviewed Aker BP's handling of selected incidents and conditions relating to relevant barrier functions.
We identified six non-conformities and two improvement points, of which one is exempt from public disclosure, with reference to section 24(3) of the Freedom of Information Act, and is omitted from the list.
The non-conformities related to:
- Automatic disconnection functionality and consumers of the emergency power system
- Internal performance requirements for emergency lighting in critical areas
- Disconnection and follow-up of alarms involved in ignition source control
- Securing of competence within electrical facilities, safety instrumented systems and telecoms
- Protection against energisation of electrical equipment
- Maintenance programme activities
One improvement point concerned information for planning of work in the electrical facility.
What happens next?
We have asked Aker BP to report on how the non-conformities will be addressed, and for their assessment of the improvement points observed. The deadline for feedback is set at 2 December 2022.