- The audit was carried out in May and June 2021.
- Notice of order was sent to Rowan 22 June 2021.
- The order was issued 27 August 2021.
The objective of the audit was to monitor Rowan’s management of logistics on Rowan Stavanger, with a focus on lifting operations and the maintenance of lifting equipment in the drilling area.
One non-conformity relating to maintenance management was identified on Rowan Stavanger.
The following improvement points were also identified:
- Safe use of lifting equipment
- Work at height
Pursuant to the Framework Regulations, section 69 concerning administrative decisions, with reference to section 45 of the Activities Regulations, concerning maintenance, we order Rowan to implement the following measures:
- Review the maintenance management system on Rowan Stavanger and associated work processes for ensuring follow-up and correction of technical errors and deficiencies. As part of the review, the offshore organisation is to be involved. The work shall include an analysis of why deficiencies in the system have not been corrected on Rowan Stavanger.
- Implement measures to ensure that results and learning ensuing from part 1 of the order also include all facilities with AoCs under Rowan's responsibility in Norway.
The deadline for complying with part 1 of the order is 30 June 2022. We request that Rowan convenes a work status meeting in the first half of Q4. For part 2, we request that a time-delimited schedule for the work is submitted. We are to be notified when the order has been carried out.
The report also includes observations concerning areas with potential for improvement, and we ask for your assessment of these.