- The audit was carried out from 20 to 23 October 2020.
- A letter containing a notification of order was sent to Equinor on 8 January 2021.
- The order was made on 25 January 2021.
The objective of the audit was to:
- follow up incidents from the last 24 months in the areas of materials handling, cranes and lifting, and work at height.
- follow up reporting of falling objects and preventive measures.
- audit the company’s management of materials handling, the technical condition of lifting equipment, lifting operations and work at height.
- verify that Equinor’s management of maintenance meets the company’s and the authorities’ requirements within the area under supervision. We aimed to concentrate our efforts on the company’s improvement activities around maintenance management.
In the audit, we identified five non-conformities and two improvement points.
The non-conformities concerned:
- Continuous improvement within materials handling
- Materials handling plan
- Scaffolding store
- Rescue from personnel basket
The improvement points concerned:
- Pre-use checks
- Storage of loose lifting equipment
We have identified breaches of the regulations and we consequently issue Equinor with the following order:
Pursuant to the Framework Regulations, section 69 concerning administrative decisions, Equinor at Tjeldbergodden is ordered to:
- Systematically review and map lifting equipment relating to materials handling, and implement necessary measures in respect of the mapping to ensure safe use, with reference to the Framework Regulations, section 17 concerning the duty to establish, follow up and further develop a management system, the Management Regulations, section 23 concerning continuous improvement, the Technical and Operational Regulations, section 12 concerning lifting appliances, lifting gear and equipment for personnel transport, with reference to Chapter 5.1.1 of the report.
- Systematically review and map all areas and systems involved in materials handling, and assess implementation of the requirements for prudent materials handling, with reference to the Management Regulations, section 4 concerning risk reduction, the Technical and Operational Regulations, section 11 concerning materials handling and transport routes, access and evacuation routes, with reference to Chapter 5.1.2 of the report.
- Put in place a materials handling plan that ensures that the handling of equipment and machinery that need to be lifted and transported is performed in a prudent manner, with reference to the Technical and Operational Regulations, section 11 concerning materials handling and transport routes, access and evacuation routes.
The deadline for complying with the order is 1 October 2021. We are to be notified when the order has been carried out.
The deadline for submitting a time-delimited schedule for complying with the order is set at 26 February 2021.