The audit was carried out between 11 and 20 January 2021.
The objective was to conduct an audit of Equinor’s management aimed at reducing risk, on the topics of:
- holistic risk management
- robust operations and maintenance
- barrier management
Nine non-conformities were identified, relating to:
- Barrier management
- Ignition source control
- Maintenance programme for cable and pipe penetrations
- Planning and prioritisation
- The basis for evaluating maintenance effectiveness
- Compliance with internal requirements on the use of composite gratings
- Competence requirements and training of offshore managers
- Capacity and competence of Equinor's offshore personnel
- Risk reduction
In addition, two improvement points were identified, relating to:
- HSE management
- Better dissemination of information
What happens next?
We have asked Equinor to report on how the non-conformities will be addressed. We have also asked the company for their assessment of the improvement points observed. The deadline for reply is set at 16 April 2021.