The audit was conducted between 16 and 19 August 2021.
The objective of the audit was to verify processes and systems that contribute to ensuring the comprehensive management of emergency preparedness, and to verify that the helideck complies with regulatory requirements in order to help ensure safe helicopter operations and personnel transport.
As concerns emergency preparedness, two factors categorised as non-conformities were identified during the audit. These were:
- Delayed PA message in the event of a general alarm
- Deficient incident notification
Three improvement points were also identified. These were:
- System for training and drilling deputies
- Emergency hospital was not tested/put into use
- Absence of deputy in lifeboat team
The Civil Aviation Authority Norway, which was our auxiliary agency for the audit of helicopter operations, identified five non-conformities/observations.
- Checklists for the helideck
- Familiarization and training of helideck crew
- Deficiencies in GA drawings and information on windsocks
- Width of helideck access to the west was 3.27 m
- Windsocks were worn
What happens now?
We have asked Equinor to report on how the non-conformities will be addressed. We have also requested an assessment of the improvement points identified.
The reply deadline is set at 22 October 2021.