- The audit was carried out in May and June 2021.
- Notice of order was sent to Dolphin 8 August 2021.
- The order was issued 27 August 2021.
The audit was a follow-up of our audit of the working environment and electrical facilities carried out in January 2020, and non-conformities from this audit were checked.
The following topics were also in focus:
- Management of working environment risk
- Genuine employee participation
- The inclusive working life agreement
The objective of the audit was to verify that Dolphin's management of the working environment and employee participation on Borgland Dolphin complied with the regulatory requirements.
In general, we observed an improvement in systematic management of the working environment since the audit performed in January 2020. Dolphin had performed a number of surveys and implemented various measures, but there were still shortcomings in the systematic management of the working environment on Borgland Dolphin.
Non-conformities from the previous audit had not been followed up in line with the company’s feedback to us, and they had not adequately ensured that the employees were protected against health hazards in their work. Non-conformities within employee participation and the working environment committee were also found.
The following non-conformities were identified
- Follow-up of non-conformities from previous audit
- Management of the working environment
- Working environment competence of line managers
- Employee participation
- Chemical inventory and storage of chemicals
- Diesel exhaust
- Working environment in the shaker area
- Register of workers exposed to carcinogenic or mutagenic chemicals and lead
- Noise and vibration
- Personal protective equipment
- Ergonomic arrangements
- Working environment committee
We have identified regulatory breaches and failures to follow up previous audits and findings and hereby give Dolphin of the following order:
Pursuant to section 69 of the Framework Regulations concerning administrative decisions, we order Dolphin Drilling AS to ensure that all non-conformities identified by us within the working environment on Borgland Dolphin are rectified, with reference to the Management Regulations, section 6 concerning the management of health, safety and the environment, section 22 concerning the handling of non-conformities, the Activities Regulations, section 22 concerning safety and working environment training pursuant to the Working Environment Act, and the Framework Regulations, section 13 concerning facilitating employee participation, including that
- sufficient competence in the working environment and genuine employee participation are ensured
- comprehensive risk assessments are carried out at group level for the working environment factors and that these are used as a basis for adopting measures
- measures are followed up and their impact is validated and verified by qualified personnel
The deadline for complying with the order is 1 December 2021. We are to be notified when the order has been carried out.
A time-delimited schedule for complying with the order shall be sent to the PSA by 1 September 2021. The schedule shall describe how this work is to be performed and followed up and when the order will have been carried out.