Noble Drilling has applied for an Acknowledgement of Compliance for the Noble Lloyd Noble mobile drilling facility.
In connection with an AoC application, the PSA conducts audits within selected specialist domains.
From 15 April to 18 June 2021 we carried out an audit of Noble Drilling’s follow-up of working environment conditions for Noble Lloyd Noble.
The objective of the audit was to monitor the status of conformity assessments of the facility’s technical condition, organisation and management systems relative to the regulatory working environment requirements.
The audit identified seven non-conformities and one improvement point.
The non-conformities related to:
- the management system within the working environment
- inadequate ergonomic arrangements
- chemical inventory, storage and labelling of chemicals
- ventilation and fume extraction
- working environment analysis of modifications in shaker area
- register of workers exposed to carcinogenic or mutagenic chemicals and lead
- routines for follow-up of the alarm system
The improvement point concerned working environment competence.
Our verifications are based on sampling. Our observations do not represent an exhaustive list of conditions that fail to comply with the regulations. The AoC applicant is responsible for performing a complete conformity assessment.
What happens next?
We have asked Noble Drilling to report on how the non-conformities will be addressed.
Before we issue an AoC, the company must have corrected all known safety-critical non-conformities, and the facility must have been issued with maritime certificates from the appropriate flag state.