Notice of the order was given on 16 October 2020, and it was issued on 26 October 2020.
This audit was conducted from 25 May to 18 June 2020.
The purpose of the audit was to verify that working environment risk is managed by Equinor and its contractor in a way which ensures that employees are not exposed to the risk of damage to their health and sickness absence.
Five nonconformities were identified, related to
- management of working environment risk on Grane
- management of risk for musculoskeletal disorders
- management of the physical and chemical working environment
- manning and expertise
- training of the safety delegates.
On the basis of the PSA’s observations during its audit, Equinor has now been given the following order.
Pursuant to section 69 of the framework regulations on administrative decisions, see section 17, of the framework regulations on the duty to establish, follow up and further develop a management system, and sections 18 and 21 of the management regulations on working environment analysis and on follow up respectively, Equinor is ordered to do the following.
1. Review the company’s management system and practice for working environment follow-up in order to ensure that:
- potential working environment risk is identified in a systematic manner
- working environment conditions are adequately mapped for assessing health risk
- integrated risk assessments are conducted at group level for working environment factors, and that these form the basis for deciding on measures
- measures are followed up and that their effect is validated and verified by qualified personnel.
2. Implement an integrated review of working environment conditions on Grane pursuant to nonconformity 5.1.1 in chapter 5 of the report.
The deadline for compliance with the order is 26 February 2021. The PSA must be notified when the order has been complied with. A scheduled plan for complying with the order must be submitted to the PSA by 15 November 2020. This plan must describe how the work will be implemented and followed up, and when the order will be complied with.