The audit was conducted from 10 to 13 February 2020.
The objective of the audit was to:
- Verify that cranes and lifting operations were being managed in accordance with applicable regulations.
- Verify that work at height was being safeguarded in accordance with the regulations.
- Assess whether Okea’s systems for the management and follow-up of health risk in the working environment at Draugen complied with the regulatory requirements.
- Assess the provision of capacity and competence within the working environment.
- Assess how Okea facilitates genuine employee participation.
During the audit, six non-conformities and two improvement points were identified.
The non-conformities included
- Follow-up of equipment for materials handling.
- Enterprise of competence follow-up.
- Pre-use checks of offshore cranes as part of the emergency preparedness plan.
- Maintenance of wire ropes.
- Work at height.
- Governing documents applicable to the working environment.
The improvement points concerned
- Deficient competence.
- Deficient working environment surveys.
What happens now?
We have asked Okea to report on how the non-conformities will be addressed and to provide their assessment of the improvement points observed. The reply deadline is set at 15 June 2020.