The audit was conducted between 24 September and 1 October 2020.
The objective of the audit was to verify that Odfjell’s management of the working environment and employee participation on Deepsea Nordkapp complied with the regulatory requirements.
Non-conformities were identified relating to:
- Management of risk of musculoskeletal disorders
- Management of the physical/chemical working environment
- Routines for the use and maintenance of protective equipment
- Joint local working environment committee
- The safety service
- Requirements and compliance in respect of competence and training
Additionally, one improvement point was identified, concerning awareness of information in the register of workers exposed to risk.
What happens next?
We have asked Odfjell to report on how the non-conformities will be addressed. We have also requested the company’s assessment of the observation we categorised as an improvement point. The reply deadline is set at 22 December 2020.