The objective of the audit was to monitor the company’s compliance with the HSE regulations relating to the management of materials handling.
We focused on the following topics:
- Organisation, responsibilities and management system in respect of lifting operations
- Competence and training
- Safe use and technical follow-up of lifting equipment and arrangements for safe use
- Maintenance of lifting equipment
- Experience of materials handling, improvement measures and follow-up of lifting incidents
- Organisational factors relating to crane and lifting operations
No non-conformities were identified during the audit.
Improvement points were identified in connection with:
- Storage area for chemical tanks
- Procedures for lifting operations
- Management of competence and training
- Better classification of systems and equipment
- Better follow-up of maintenance programme and history recording
- Better labelling of equipment in the field requiring documentation and maintenance
What happens next?
We have asked Lundin for their assessment of the improvement points observed. The deadline for feedback is set at 7 February 2020.