The objective of the audit was to assess the company’s management of materials handling and work at height, to verify that the planning and execution of operations met the requirements, and to follow up the maintenance of equipment, so as to help reduce the likelihood of accidents and injuries.
Six non-conformities were identified, relating to:
- Follow-up of non-conformities
- Compliance measurement of materials handling equipment
- Follow-up and maintenance of lifting equipment
- Work at height
- Work arrangement
- Employee participation
In addition, three improvement points were identified, relating to:
- Competences for the post of crane operator/logistics specialist
- Ladders used for access
- Cases for consideration by the working environment committee
We have asked Equinor to report on the non-conformities identified. We have also asked for an assessment of the improvement points we observed. The company has been given a deadline of 17 April 2020 to respond.