The objective of the audit was to verify regulatory compliance with the requirements for ignition source control. This also included issues of a technical, operational and organisational nature. The company's barrier management of factors affecting ignition source control was also an important aspect of the audit.
Four non-conformities were identified, relating to:
- Technical conditions on the field – ignition source control and electrical installations
- Human-machine interfaces and the presentation of information
- Routines and systems for the transfer of information at shift changes
- Maintenance programme
Three improvement points were identified, relating to:
- Mapping of potential ignition sources
- Installation and completion
- Training and competence of control room operators
What happens next?
We have asked Equinor to report on how the non-conformities will be addressed and for their assessment of the improvement points observed. The deadline for this is set at 4 November 2020.