AKOFS has applied for an Acknowledgement of Compliance for the AKOFS Seafarer mobile drilling facility.
In connection with an AoC application, the PSA conducts audits within selected specialist domains.
From 13 to 15 January 2020, we carried out an audit of AKOFS’s management of logistics.
During the audit, the facility was in the process of being prepared for operation on the NCS.
The objective of the audit was to verify the technical condition and relevant documents in the management system in order to monitor fulfilment of requirements in the petroleum regulations.
Three non-conformities were identified in connection with:
- Outstanding studies and implementation of safe solutions for lifting operations
- Preparation of facility-specific procedures
- Certification of lifting equipment
Two improvement points were identified in connection with:
- Language used in lifting procedures
- Camera monitors for offshore cranes
What happens next?
AKOFS has been given a deadline of 6 March 2020 to report on how the non-conformities will be addressed and to provide an assessment of the improvement points observed.