The objective of the audit was to verify that Wintershall and Odfjell Drilling and their contractors are complying with the regulatory requirements for the management of planning, risk assessment and execution of drilling and well operations at Brage.
Eight non-conformities were identified in connection with:
- Deficient overhauling and recertification of pressure control equipment
- Exposure to diesel exhaust
- Noise exposure measurements
- Coordination of working environment activities between operator and drilling service company
- Training in safety and the working environment
- Deficient training and practising within well control
- Inadequate safety of personnel in the drilling facility
- Deficient follow-up of requirements for well control competence
In addition, four improvement points were identified relating to:
- Roles and responsibilities
- Clarification of roles and follow-up of well control competence
- Unclear requirements for competence linked to risk analyses
- Functional requirements of mud-gas separator on the drill floor
What happens now?
Wintershall and Odfjell Drilling have been given a deadline of 12 August 2019 to report on how the non-conformities and improvement points will be addressed.