From 18 to 24 October 2019, we carried out an audit of Transocean and their management of the working environment and emergency preparedness on Transocean Endurance.
The objective of the audit was to verify the company’s compliance with the HSE regulations within the working environment and emergency preparedness domains.
During the audit, 11 non-conformities and three improvement points were identified. The non-conformities related to:
- Transfer of experience
- Siting of the sprinkler system at the exterior lifeboat mustering station
- Security measures against fire escalation in the engine room
- Training and drills
- Escape routes/securing of equipment in the living quarters
- Employee participation
- Overview of health risk
- Follow-up of surveys
- Roles and responsibilities in the working environment
- Competence and training in the working environment
- Training in, use and maintenance of personal protective equipment
In addition, three improvement points were identified relating to:
- Illumination of escape route
- Use of the Norwegian language in governing documents
What happens next?
Transocean has been given a deadline of 10 January 2020 to report on how previous and new non-conformities and improvement points will be addressed.