The objective of the audit was to assess how Teekay is ensuring compliance with the authorities’ and its own requirements in the maintenance of structures and marine barriers on Knarr.
Two non-conformities were identified relating to:
- Measurement of line tension in the anchoring system
- Classification of the facilities’ systems and equipment
In addition, improvement points were identified in connection with:
- Verification of weather data
- Prerequisites for 5-year class certificate renewal
- Gaps in relation to regulations
- Defective criteria for class notification (DNV GL)
- Inadequate protection of components in laydown area
What happens next?
Teekay Petrojarl has been given a deadline of 15 November 2019 to report on how the non-conformities and improvement points will be addressed.