The objective was to verify that relevant regulatory provisions were being fulfilled. In the audit, we placed particular emphasis on how Statnett works with electrical facilities and electrical safety. Attention was also focused on explosion protection and maintenance management of electrical facilities.
Non-conformities were identified relating to:
- Barrier management
- Explosion protection
- Overview of status of safety systems
- Emergency lighting
- Facilities and equipment
- Work in and operation of electrical facilities
In addition, six improvement points were identified in connection with:
- Application of the regulatory legislation
- Responsible person for the electrical facilities
- Notification and reporting of incidents to the PSA
- Communication systems and equipment
- Selectivity analysis – installation for uninterruptible power supply
- Heating cable system
Statnett has been given a deadline of 28 October 2019 to report on how the non-conformities and improvement points will be addressed.