From 6 to 10 May 2019 we carried out an audit of the Yme development project and the management of major accident risk and barriers.
The objective of the audit was to assess how the companies Repsol Norge and Maersk Drilling Norge are ensuring compliance with the authorities’ requirements in relation to the management of major accident risk and barriers for the Yme project.
The outcomes from the audit will also be evaluated in connection with our forthcoming case processing of an updated AoC for Maersk Inspirer.
No non-conformities were detected during the audit.
The audit identified improvement points linked to:
- Follow-up of performance requirements for barrier elements
- Formal appointment of person responsible for communications for the facilities
- Documentation of diagnostics, control and monitoring of telecommunications systems
- Solution for verifying overpressure in the living quarters
- Documentation of independence of secondary notification path under all defined hazard and accident situations
- Application of guidelines within ICT security for control and monitoring systems
What happens now?
The companies have been given a deadline of 6 August 2019 to report on how the improvement points will be addressed.