The objective of the audit was to verify whether OMV and Odfjell, together with their contractors, are complying with the regulatory requirements relating to the planning, risk assessment and performance of drilling and well operations.
Three nonconformities were identified in connection with:
- Follow-up and use of the management system (OMV)
- Deficient identification of safety-critical spare parts (Odfjell)
- Deficiencies in the process for selecting a technical solution (OMV)
In addition, three improvement points were identified in connection with:
- Overview of training and exercises relating to personnel charged with tasks that protect barrier functions (Odfjell)
- Deficient follow-up after acceptance of facility (OMV)
- Quality of Rig action plan (RAP) and use of risk matrixes (OMV)
What happens next?
Odfjell and OMV have been given a deadline of 15 November 2019 to report on how the non-conformities and improvement points will be addressed.