The audit was carried out between 21 and 26 June 2019.
The objective was to follow up Island Offshore’s management of major accident risk, working environment risk and employee participation on Island Wellserver, and the company’s follow-up of ongoing and planned activities.
The audit detected a total of seven non-conformities and three improvement points.
The non-conformities included:
- System for ensuring the competence of the emergency response organisation
- Use of the Norwegian language
- Maintenance of Acknowledgement of Compliance (AoC) within the working environment
- Management of the working environment
- Follow-up of working environment for contractors
- Working environment committee
The improvement points concerned:
- Storage and handling of explosives
- Sightlines from tower cabin
What happens now?
We have asked Island Offshore to report on how the non-conformities will be addressed. We have also asked them for their assessment of the improvement points we observed. The deadline for feedback is set at 10 September 2019.